Setting The Stage For A Favorable Outcome
Whether you initiate divorce or you are the one served with divorce papers, your actions and decisions early in the process can help or harm your case. Even if you expect an amicable resolution to your divorce, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible.
At Lavery Law, we believe that a proactive approach positions clients to protect their interests and have more control over the outcome. Entering the divorce process with realistic goals and a clear strategy can actually head off disputes and unnecessary litigation.
We represent women and men in the greater Harrisburg area and surrounding counties of Pennsylvania. We invite you to arrange a consultation with our highly experienced divorce attorney to discuss your situation and plan the course of your divorce.
What You Need To Know About The Divorce Process
Every divorce case is different. There is no cookie-cutter approach, no surefire tactic and no substitute for focused experience. Our attorneys provide perspective, practical advice and creative solutions — and significant courtroom experience when needed.
They will sit down with you to address your financial picture, the legal issues and your options regarding:
- Venue (where to file) and timing (when to file) if you are initiating divorce
- Whether to oppose if you are receiving the complaint
- Whether you are a candidate for uncontested divorce
- Traditional negotiation or collaborative divorce versus litigation
- Hearings for temporary orders (custody, child support, spousal support)
- Petitions for sole, joint or shared custody
- Discovery motions or motions to preserve assets
- Identifying separate property
- Valuation of businesses, real estate, stock options, etc.
- Enforceability of prenuptial agreements
- Other factors that apply to your unique circumstances
Start Off On The Right Foot With Experienced Harrisburg Divorce Attorneys
We help clients create a road map for divorce, to avoid surprises and alleviate anxiety. You can count on us to fight for you and always act in your best interests.